Rural Horticulture Property for Sale
A Profitable Asset with Expansion Potential
Property ID 1892105"Honeysuckle Farm"
Land Area: 91.55Ha (226.22 Acres)
- "Honeysuckle Farm" is well located for proximity to markets, staff and water
- 385km North of Brisbane
- Only 28km north of Bundaberg
- Avondale is a small rural community close to the Kolan River with Primary School and Hotel
- The majority of the country is Tirroan and Kolan Soils which are considered good quality soils
- Soils are Grey Loam with excellent drainage
- The property has previously been cleared and now has some regrowth
- Approximately 40 ha is utilized for cultivation with the ability to expand this to well over 80 ha.
- The property would have what is considered excellent Water with far more available then is currently used. This will allow expansion and further development of Macadamia, Avocado or any tree or land crops.
- The property has 224ML water allocation from the Kolan River which can be leased, used as mortgage guarantees, or sold.
- 7 equipped bores with excellent water which is not metered by local council therefore is free, with approximately 100,000L per hour flow rate
- In total 12 Greenhouses with a combined area of 16,649m
- Built with galvanized frames with heavy duty clear plastic covering. Condition is good for all Green Houses with regular maintenance always being carried out
- Extensive good quality shedding that houses cold rooms, work area's, food preparation and Machinery
- 3 Sheds over 620m plus Machinery Shed and covered staff lunch area
- 279.5m of Cold rooms across 6 separate area's
The property is currently regarded as the biggest producer of fresh Basil in Australia and supplies Woolworth with quality fresh Basil across the Eastern Seaboard. The current owners have value added and also supply many dips, sauces, antipasti products and. It also produces basil puree using from fresh Basil and sold throughout the country to multinational companies.
The owners are now ready for retirement and offer this highly productive asset with strong cash flow, established markets (over 20 years) and qualified trained staff to the open market. The property produces in excess of 30,000 bunches of fresh basil per week plus the basil puree. There is also a licensed food production area where they produce Basil pesto and other antipasti products.
The opportunity here is to buy an existing farm with an exceptional record of profits to either expand further as the demand is still growing or diversify and utilize the largely undeveloped parts of the property for Macadamia, Avocado or other tree crop production as the soil and water allocation are ideal.
The property is offered with a full list of plant and equipment. Please contact agent for a detailed Information Memorandum
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.